Work From Home -
A blog is an excellent marketing tool, if you know how to properly use it. If you are unsure of how to maximize the benefits of your blog, here are a few tips that will help you to make the most of your marketing efforts. To effectively use your blog for marketing your main website, you will need to follow a few critical strategies. Not properly blogging could result in little or no traffic being sent to your site. Follow these blog marketing strategies and tips for the best results:
- Post regularly – It is recommended that you update your blog no less than once per week. Once every day or every other day is even better. One of the main reasons that people visit your blog is to see new content. You need to provide them with this content or they will stop visiting. If you have one day per week that you can devote to your blog, do a week’s worth of posts and then simply set them up to publish every morning.
- Include relevant keywords or phrases – This is very important. You want your blog to have good SEO and this is done through keywords and key phrases. A blog post is just like the content on your website, only a bit shorter. Be sure that you are using strong main keywords as well as a few secondary keywords or phrases for the best result.
- Submit to directories – Your blog should be submitted to various search engines and directories. This is going to give you a bit of traffic and ensure that you can be found. Submit your RSS feed as well as your blog URL to the appropriate directories.
- Use your site’s domain name – You can host your blog on a page of your website or on a completely separate domain but be sure that you are using your business name for your blog. You want it to portray a professional image and you want your customers to associate it with your business.
- Visit other blogs – Be sure that you are visiting other blogs and leaving comments on them, particularly when you have additional information to share on other blog posts. You can include a link back to your own blog if your comment adds value to the original post. This also helps to establish you as an expert in your field.
- Make subscription easy – Your visitors want a comfortable visit to your blog. Make sure that you have an RSS subscription option that is easily seen by your visitors. You can (and should) include both the RSS subscription as well as your website homepage and put up social bookmarks such as Facebook, Twitter, Technorati, etc.
- Issue Press Releases – When your blog is ready to go live, issue a press release announcing it. Remember that a press release needs to be newsworthy so ensure that you are offering some sort of announcement each time you issue them.
- Take advantage of social networks – Use Twitter, Facebook and other social media sites to announce your blog and draw attention to it. Twitter is an excellent place to make announcements about upcoming or current blog posts and you may find yourself with a number of followers based on your Tweets. Mention your post and then offer a link to your blog on all of your Tweets.
Blogging is not rocket science but there are certain things to keep in mind when your blog is part of your professional website. A personal blog is a bit different than one that you want to use to market your site. Be sure that you are being professional in your posts and offer your readers something valuable in every post that you publish.