Work From Home -
Backlinks are one of the most important factors for search engine optimization, but many webmasters don’t know how to go about getting them, or they go about it the wrong way and get penalized. Before I give you some sources for backlinks, I wanted to give you a list of things you should never do so you don’t risk getting a penalty.
- Don’t buy links from known link brokers. Google knows about most of them, and you can be penalized for buying links from them.
- Don’t buy links on sites that are not indexed in Google, because they could be banned. Links from low-quality or banned domains could hurt your rankings.
- Don’t use the exact same anchor text for every link. This looks unnatural, and you could be penalized. Use your main keyword about 50% of the time, and split the rest of your links between 2-3 other keywords.
- Build backlinks slowly at first. It is very unnatural for a site to get hundreds of links in the first week. Get only 10-20 links per day for the first couple of weeks, then slowly build the number you get daily up over time.
Getting backlinks is easier than a lot of people think. You don’t have to sit around and wait for people to link to your site naturally, and you don’t have to buy links. Just get out there and build links to your site on your own. Any place that allows you to post links, does not use the “rel=nofollow” tag, and is a quality site works fine for backlink purposes.
Here are some ideas:
- Submit to Web Directory's as DMOZ, BOTW, Yahoo Directory, iBizDir.com Directory etc, Website Directories are easy way to get your Backlink collection started.
- Post articles to article directories like EzineArticles.com and place a link to your site in your resource box at the end of each article
- Place a link to your site in your signature on various forums in your niche and make helpful posts. You will get a quality backlink, and you may get some direct traffic, too
- Create profiles on various web 2.0 sites and put a link to your site somewhere in your profile. Many sites allow you to post links on your profile to your blog or website
- Comment on blogs and add a link to your site in the URL field. You can find blogs that do not have the nofollow tag on outbound links in comments by searching for “dofollow blogs” on Google
- Build pages on sites like Squidoo.com and HubPages.com and add links to your site. Don’t forget to link to internal pages and not only the main domain.
These are just a few of the many ways you can build backlinks on your own. Don’t just sit around waiting for sites to link to you, because you are their competitor. Get out there and build links!